Tuesday/Wednesday: Review the Rubric and Workshop #1
Today in class we, first, reviewed the rubric for this writing assignment: Common Core Writing Rubric
Then we worked to apply parts of the rubric to our table groups for editing. You were asked to use different colors and look for only a specific part of the rubric criteria in the papers you are editing. This took the whole of class.
HW: Make edits to your RD#1 based on the feedback you got today.
HW: Bring a clean copy of the paper to the next class.
HW: NoRedInk.com quiz needs to be finished before end of day Friday. This will be an assignment grade.
HW: Work on your reading journals and NoRedInk.com assignments.
Thursday/Friday: Embedding Quotations and Workshop #2
B Block- here are the samples we made in class today. Embedded Quotes B Block
E Block- here are the samples we made in class today. Block E Embedded Quotation Samples
Please remember the following:
- Your ideas about wisdom are more important than the quotes- so you “hug” the direct quotation with your own words and ideas.
- You need to keep the quotations short- use a combination of paraphrase and quotation to make your point.
- I am looking for in-text citations for each quote.
- Your ideas/words should be at least 2:1 with the number of words in the quote you are using
- You will need a works cited page– so give that a try. This will be edited/revised next week.
HW: Make edits to your draft and bring a clean copy to the next class. Here is a sample you can look at for formatting issues: Sample MLA Format for Student Reference
HW: Reading journals are due September 22…
HW: NoRedInk.com — there are things that need doing here!