Week 03: Beowulf Project
Tuesday: Quiz and Project Assignment
We started class today with a quiz over section 21-end of the text. I hope you did well.
Then we brainstormed key ideas that are related to the text. Topics were assigned and each had time to work on the topic to prepare a poster. Your final project should include:
- What is the key idea you are focused on?
- How does the idea relate to the text?
- is it plot, character, symbol??? Is there another way to consider it?
- What are examples and non-examples of the idea? (for bravery– who is brave and who lacks bravery… what effect does each have on the story?)
- What is the key lesson or message about the key idea you are examining?
- Make sure you reference the text (section and lines with some specific details/summary) to give evidence for your claims
Assignment: Finish your reading journal for Thursday!!!
Assignment: Prepare what is needed for the next lesson for your project
Thursday: Project Presentation or Work Time (PM Ms. J Gone)
Today you have time to work on the poster and practice your presentation for Monday.
Make sure you have turned in your reading journal today.