Tuesday: Semester Exam Info and Group Paper Reflection
Please make sure that you are preparing and will present your book talk before December 2.
The outline for the semester final:
- Focused on reading comprehension questions
- Very similar to the SpringBoard quizzes we have already taken
- Will have 3 or 4 reading passages
- Will test inferential and conceptual understanding, not plot or summary level questions
- Will have some short answer questions (a paragraph, NOT an essay!)
- It will take 2 hours, but you will have time to reread if needed
After we talked about this, I went over the group paper reflection form and you had time to complete this in class.
Assignment: Read (reread) “Two ways to belong in America” and make sure your annotations are done for Thursday.
Thursday: Reading Test Prep
There were several book talks today.
We then worked independently on the T chart activity on page 72 in the textbook while Ms. J checked your annotations for the story.
Assignment: Complete the 5 questions from the hand out given in class today.
Assignment: Make sure you have your book talk ready to go for one of the remaining days
Assignment: VOCABULARY TEST will be on December 2, so this is not a day for book talks!!!